Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the School of Civic Leadership (SISCL). My name is Ms. Sarah Blanchard, and I am your child’s Social Studies teacher for the 2015-2016 academic year. Educating your child in a challenging yet comfortable environment is my top priority, and by working together, I know we can make this year a fantastic experience for everyone.
Below you will find the necessary information to assist your son/daughter in making this their most successful year at SISCL. We have already discussed each of these components in class. I’m sharing this information with you because communication and teamwork are vital in educating a student properly. Throughout the year I will be in contact with you in various ways. If you have any questions or concerns please never hesitate to contact me. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org or of course you are more than welcome to send a note in with your child.
- On this class site, you will find the homework, important dates and other class documents.
- As you know at SISCL, we have high expectations for behavior in class. As a staff, we are very confident our students meet these standards. We have three simple rules that students will follow. First, they must be a civic leader that practices the 7 habits. Second, have respect, and finally, be responsible. When students choose not to uphold our behavioral expectations they will consequently lose points from their class participation grade. The staff will contact parents and/or guardians if inappropriate behavior becomes consistent for a student.
- Test Grades/Writing Assignments – 50%
- Homework/Quizzes – 25%
- Participation and group work/Classwork including notebooks – 25%
- Homework will be assigned twice a week and will be posted on my website. It is your child’s responsibility to complete all homework assignments.
Once again, I look forward to working with you and your child this year. Together we will accomplish impressive things on their educational journey!
Ms. Sarah Blanchard